Sunday, April 20, 2008

Camerawork Only a Mother Could Love

Last soccer game of the season, Emma sees her friend Libby make two breakaway goals and pouts "I can never do that." I say "imagine you're running down the field, doing what Libby did. You can totally do it!". Then I catch myself praying one of those soccer mom prayers... God, if you're not too swamped today with the famine in Hati and everything, and this isn't too annoying, could you please help my daughter get a goal for the Northaven Kangaroos? So she goes in last quarter and snags the ball from the other team.. goes running down the field with the ball, kicks, and... misses the goal by about an inch. But at that point, hey, who cares?! (And of course I was too busy cheering to actually aim the camera or anything, but if you look really carefully, you can see her skinny little white legs run past, and if you're genetically related to Emma, you'll probably still enjoy the video.



... and the post-game wrap-up:

No comments: