Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Dream Factory

Right before Emma goes to sleep, I often say to her I hope she has "silly" dreams (which are the best kind to have if you're four, apparently). Tonight, I also, as I sometimes do, told her that after she's asleep, we each kiss her on the cheek and Mommy often whispers something in her ear like "Mommy loves you" or "God loves you" or "You're going to have a great life" or something I want her to know deep in her heart. Her reply to me telling her all this tonight was that she had a factory inside her that made her dreams. They were made in her brain then they went down to her heart then out from the heart into the real world. Kerplunk! (I added the kerplunk.)

In less metaphysical matters, she seems to have crossed a key threshold in her soccer career in actually stepping onto the field during a game tonight--twice! Finally, the power of that leg will be unleashed upon an unsuspecting city. Be afraid, be very afraid! Her team is the Northaven Kangaroos. They play teams that are named things like the Gators and the Pickles. What would that do for corporate morale if, instead of R&D Applications Development, your department were named The Pickles? Get your dream factory working on that. You go, Tiger!!!

No comments: